Thursday, February 16, 2012

Blogging in Bed

If there is one thing I hate about days in bed, it's that I'm usually sick. I hate being sick. Does anyone actually enjoy having a stuffy nose, a sore throat, and no voice? Sometimes it's nice to get a break, but I'd rather be discussing The Corrections in a basement classroom while healthy than be stuck in bed watching Doctor Who reruns or Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta all day sniffling and coughing (well, mostly, at least).

I'm really hoping my cold clears up soon because I have a small surgery next week, and I don't think I'll be able to do it if I'm still sick. I'd really rather get the surgery over with instead of dragging it out. They're sedating me for it, so my friends are looking forward to seeing how I'll react to that. The joke's on them- I'll probably just sleep all day.

I am really looking forward to making a rice casserole from a recipe my mom always used when we were little. It's great to eat when you have to stick to soft stuff like noodles and soups. It's a really simple recipe. The only problem with the recipe is that it uses pimentos (which I love). They don't really make the dish any spicier (hot-wise), but they're red. It sounds silly! I know. But they say I shouldn't eat anything red for the next couple of days afterwards, just in case I get sick. I've never made the casserole without the pimentos, so I don't know if it will make much of a difference... Honestly, I'm really tempted to just ignore the red rule. 

I will definitely keep y'all posted on how the surgery goes, and how that rice casserole turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment