Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pain Pills and Post-Surgery Diets

Today, I went in for an oral surgery. It was pretty simple; nothing went wrong. I don't even remember it taking that long. Of course, that could be due to the oral sedative they gave me. Not everyone takes that option, but I think it was a good thing I did. They had to take a break and wait a while because I was shaking pretty badly after they started in with the syringes.

I am definitely not a fan of syringes.

All in all, it was pleasant for what it was. The doctor and nurse were very nice, and they went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable and relatively calm. If you're ever in Atlanta, I highly recommend Buckhead Family Dentistry.

The worst part of this (other than, you know, bleeding in my mouth and being in some pain), is the strict diet I have to be on during the healing process. I have had my wisdom teeth out before, so I went through the strictly yogurt, soup, ice cream, and pasta diet before. The part I don't remember from that? I can't eat anything with tomatoes, onions, peppers, spices, or acidic fruits.

I get the last three. I can understand why I shouldn't eat onions for a week. But I am having a really hard time accepting the no tomatoes bit. I love tomatoes. A surprising amount of foods contain tomatoes. I love tomatoes almost as much as I love potatoes!

Well,  I have to stay on this diet of yogurt, pudding, and other things that make me think wistfully of the days when I could eat taco salad, steak, and lasagna. So I spend a lot of my time on the internet looking up recipes to all of the things I love, but can't eat.

I have this board of recipes to which I keep pinning the things I really want to try soon. It is torture- a delicious, lovely torture.

I am going to go sigh over some pudding while I stare at some pictures of steak and ale pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment