Monday, July 16, 2012

Marry Me Monday: Busy Days

The thing I miss most about college is how busy I was a lot of the time. It could be really irritating and stressful at times (a lot of the time), but I miss it. I miss rushing to class after a night spent reading hundreds of pages just to keep up with all of my classes, and then having to rush through lunch so I can drive twenty minutes to my internship where I spent the next three hours busy rejacketing books, working on mailings, and researching potential reviewers to whom we could pitch books. I miss spending hours in the library working on my honors thesis and running around trying to find obscure, misplaced books (there was one I never did find). And I miss cranking out papers and writing assignments while sitting on the couch in my common room with Grey's Anatomy on in the background.

I just didn't appreciate busy days when I had them. Busy days treated me so well- they made me happy, and I had an excuse to drink ridiculously delicious, ridiculously caffeinated things from the Ogle cafe with names like "The Wrecking Ball." It had four shots of espresso in it. It was chocolatey, caffeinated bliss. Sigh. I'm sorry, busy days. I should never have let you go. What do you say we rekindle our romance?

Well, I'm going to. I've decided that, even if I'm not really busy, I'm going to make myself busy. Today? I'm going to find my library card (seriously, I can't seem to go five minutes without losing that thing), and then I'm going to go to the library. After I unload the dishes. When I get back, I'm going to get the breakfast nook market-ready. Then I'm going to read a book. Then I'm going to get the keeping room market-ready. It might seem a little lame, but we really need to get the house market-ready, and having these goals set really helps me.

So, busy days. I hope you say yes. Because I'm looking forward to a long and happy relationship with you.

7 comments:

  1. I find that keeping busy really helps me from falling into a swamp of anxiety so I know how you feel.

    I do keep my library card safe in my wallet though ;)

    Are you moving soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I move is pretty up in the air right now, but my mom won't move from this area to Austin until after she finishes her Masters in the spring. We want to sell the house here so Mom can get a house there that she really likes.

    I finally found it! In the bottom of a box in the middle of the hallway. I don't know why I put things in such odd places. My library card is now staying safely in my wallet as well.

    Keeping busy has really helped today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a productive Monday! What book are you reading!?

    PS Love your site!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm currently reading "The Last Blue Envelope" which is the sequel to "13 Little Blue Envelopes." I was so excited to find out it had a sequel! I have a stack of books to read after that now. I love the library.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy days are definitely a fond memory from college! I am much more productive when I'm busy, but if I have loads of time, I find myself just kind of floating around.
    Saw you over on Better Blogger Network and I thought I'd say hi... HI! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love lazy days immensely, but I love them when I feel like I've earned them. A string of Busy Days and then a much needed Lazy Day? Aaaah. Beautiful. Nothing makes you feel better.

    So, yes, busy days. You can stay.

    Lor

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very similar (in fact, from your blurb about yourself it seems we have a LOT in common). I recently graduated and am stuck in that spot of trying to decide if I'll continue with school or try to venture into the "real world" already. So until I decide I'll just be doing things around the house, reading, and crossing off my Pinterest bucket list (Pinterest is awesome for projects to make you feel accomplished!).

    ReplyDelete