Thursday, August 30, 2012

Liebster Award

I've just been nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Jessica from Girl Booklet! I'm really excited because this is the first time I've been nominated. 


From what I understand, you nominate bloggers with less than 200 followers for the Liebster Award for being sweet, creative, and all around great! When you've been nominated, you accept by doing the following things:

  1. Post eleven things about yourself
  2. Answer the eleven questions from the person who nominated you (mine are at the bottom of this post)
  3. Choose eleven people to nominate (don't forget to let them know!)
  4. Follow the nominator and visit at least three of the other nominees
Of course, you don't have to follow me if you don't want to do so. I don't mind! But I would appreciate it if you would check out the people I've nominated.

Okay, so eleven things about me.
  1. I really really really like salt. I put it on almost everything. Hot dogs, grapes, pizza, salad, etc.
  2. I'm a pretty big Coca Cola fan.
  3. My name is Jacque, and it's pronounced Jackie. It's pretty annoying to correct people's pronunciation all of the time, so I usually go by Jacquelyn at first.
  4. I think I might have a tea problem. I have a cabinet full of tea. Bottom shelf has tea in tea bags, second shelf has loose leaf tea, and the third shelf has seasonal teas and tea bags for iced tea. I also have a bamboo organizer on my bookshelf that is filled with tea.
  5. I'm moving to Austin, TX, soon. This will be the furthest west I've ever lived. I've lived in Indiana, Virginia, Alabama, and Georgia. 
  6. I miss snow. I loved being in a car when it was snowing lightly outside at night. It's a lot like what I used to imagine zooming through space would be like.
  7. I am not good with plants. I'm very bad with plants.
  8. I am pretty good with animals. 
  9. I am really excited that Doctor Who is coming back soon.
  10. Come to think of it, I'm also really excited that Once Upon a Time is coming back soon.
  11. Oh, last one. I feel like it should be more important than the other ones. Um... I read a lot more than I write, but I'm trying to write more. I bought a nice journal to keep for my writing ideas and rough drafts.
Eleven Questions!

1. What is your make up 'must have'?
Blush. Without a doubt. 

2. Favorite fall trend?
Pumpkin spice lattes! And comfy sweaters. They're tied.

3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In Austin, working somewhere in public relations or marketing. Maybe in Atlanta again.

4. Which one is your favorite Disney princess and why?
My favorite Disney princess is Belle because she likes to read, and she is a little bit sassy. By "a little bit" I mean "a lot."

5. What do you like most about blogging?
I like sharing stories and recipes with new people.

6. What is your favorite quote?
"Of all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are those of 'it might have been.'" -John Greenleaf Whittier

7. What are you wearing right now? (be honest!)
A t-shirt and jeans. It's rather unimpressive.

8. Lipstick or lipgloss?
Definitely lipstick. I don't like how my hair gets stuck in my lipgloss whenever there's a slight breeze.

9. Favorite phone app?
My tumblr app. I probably use it more than any other app on my phone.

10. Who do you look up to?
Professor Brightman. He's one of my favorite professors at Oglethorpe; and, while I don't think I want to be a professor, I would like to someday have his level of insight into other people and how to write well.

11.What is your guilty pleasure?
I would say tea, but I don't feel particularly guilty about that. My guilty pleasure is Newman's Own chocolate peppermint cups. I love them, but I will eat them nonstop if I can. So I only pick up two packs occasionally when I go grocery shopping by myself. It doesn't happen often. Maybe once every couple of months.


Now for my nominations!

I'll try to let as many of them know that I've nominated them when I can.
Here's my eleven questions!

  1. What's your favorite thing about fall?
  2. What is your favorite book?
  3. Do you prefer a traditional book or an e-book?
  4. What's your favorite recipe?
  5. Do you drink tea or coffee?
  6. What's your favorite day to write?
  7. Why did you start blogging?
  8. What do you think is the hardest part of blogging?
  9. What are you currently reading?
  10. What's your favorite holiday?
  11. What are you going to do after this?
And I'm done! Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. I love to read too! Hope you had fun answering the questions :)

    xoxo Jessica
    Girlbooklet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for nominating me! I'm honored! : )

    http://caitlynmitchell.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always kill plants too lol. I can never seem to keep them alive! I love snow when it's summer but when it actually gets here, I hate it lol. I do love how pretty it is and everything though!

    ReplyDelete