Monday, August 27, 2012

Marry Me Monday: Pinterest

Today's post might be a little short because I woke up really early this morning to drive to Nashville and back. Then again, I am talking about my love of Pinterest, so it might not be brief at all.

I wasn't introduced to Pinterest until last spring. I really love the site, but this was pretty bad timing. Last spring was my last semester of college, and I was on Pinterest re-pinning recipes a lot more than I should have been considering my lack of access to cooking supplies. Nevertheless, I love this site. If this site was a person, I would want this site to be my best friend. She/he would have a fabulous wardrobe, know tons of recipes, and always have cute crafting ideas. Also, she/he would always indulge in my Christmas obsession with me. It would be amazing.

While Pinterest can be a huge time-suck, I've managed to limit myself to no more than two hours spread out fully across the day spent on the site. Still, I have 1,322 pins on all of my boards.


You can probably tell that recipes are my favorite things to pin. I love trying new things I find on Pinterest! I hope to make all of these recipes at least once. I also love all of the cute party ideas you can find in the Holiday category! Like this one, for Halloween:


Or this one, for Christmas:


I love all of the great ideas you can find on Pinterest. I think it's a great way to keep track of things you plan to try. You can "pin" something you see from a website so you can find it again later, and people who see that pin can follow it back to the original website to see the rest as well. All in all, Pinterest is one of my top ten favorite websites. I'm just starting to try out its app, so I hope it's as great as the actual website!

What are your favorite things to pin on Pinterest? I think I might go pin some things on Pinterest now, but I'd love to here from you. If you're interested, you can find me on Pinterest here!

5 comments:

  1. You know, I like pintrest, but not in a "I visit it daily" kind of way. I got there with specific purposes in mind, like for party ideas or room ideas. It really is great for inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so addicted to Pinterest! it's my new favorite site :) Just wanted to stop by and let you know that I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! You can check it out here http://girlbooklet.blogspot.co.nz/2012/08/my-second-award-nominee.html

    xoxo Jessica
    Girlbooklet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorraine, yeah, I may have a bit of a Pinterest problem, haha.

    Jessica, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my days, I have heard of pinterest but never really visited the site! It sounds perfect though, just about to check out your page :D
    That blood dripping glass looks totally awesome! Do you know if it washes off easy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had a chance to try the fake blood dripping down the glass yet, but I'll let you know when I do! :]

    ReplyDelete