Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've been planning to try this recipe for months, and I finally did it! I adapted the recipe from here.

They taste amazing!

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

You need:

  • 1 cup of pumpkin puree (I used canned)
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (they call for vegetable oil, but I always use this because it's usually what's in the house)
  • 1 egg
Mix all of these ingredients together into a larger mixing bowl.

Then you'll need:
  • 2 cups all-purpose white flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Here's where I started doing things really differently. I also added in 2 pinches each of ground clove and ground ginger because I really wanted that pumpkin pie taste.

You mix all of this together in a smaller mixing bowl. Then, you take a teaspoon of baking soda and a teaspoon of milk, dissolve the baking soda in the milk, and add that in (they didn't specify which bowl to add it to, so I put it in with the pumpkin).

Add the flour mixture in with the pumpkin and mix well. When that it is done thoroughly, add in 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract and 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips.

I used milk chocolate chips, but I think semisweet will make it a little less sweet and will match the pumpkin better.

Put them on a covered baking sheet, and bake for 10-12 minutes!







Enjoy them with milk! 

12 comments:

  1. Ong! Yum! I have been craving pumpkin nonstop myself. I love fall baking. I'm totally making these asap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg* sorry just threw my phone down the stairs unintentionally and posted my reply with a cracked screen

      Delete
  2. This sounds soo good! I'm ready for fall and this totally gets me there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look SO delicious! I don't really like pumpkin but I'd definitely try these! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! I can't wait for fall either. I'm really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made a pumpkin cake this weekend. I'm soooooo ready for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks amazing!!! I'll have to save this recipe to try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks too too good! I will surely find a man with these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pumpkin chocolate chip, for real?! I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want theeeeese I will have to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! These make me think of fall (which I love) and I absolutely love pumpkin anything so these are definitely now on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love pumpkin and I love choc-chips. WIN!

    ReplyDelete