|They taste amazing!|
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree (I used canned)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (they call for vegetable oil, but I always use this because it's usually what's in the house)
- 1 egg
Mix all of these ingredients together into a larger mixing bowl.
Then you'll need:
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Here's where I started doing things really differently. I also added in 2 pinches each of ground clove and ground ginger because I really wanted that pumpkin pie taste.
You mix all of this together in a smaller mixing bowl. Then, you take a teaspoon of baking soda and a teaspoon of milk, dissolve the baking soda in the milk, and add that in (they didn't specify which bowl to add it to, so I put it in with the pumpkin).
Add the flour mixture in with the pumpkin and mix well. When that it is done thoroughly, add in 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract and 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips.
I used milk chocolate chips, but I think semisweet will make it a little less sweet and will match the pumpkin better.
Put them on a covered baking sheet, and bake for 10-12 minutes!
Enjoy them with milk!