Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fall Bucket List 2012

Early this week, I was really inspired by this post on Wicked Cheap in Boston. I love fall, as you can probably tell from some of my recent posts, and I really liked the idea of making a list of things I want to do this fall. I think it's a great way to get your ideas organized and keep track of what you've done or what you want to do.

I thought of a few while reading her post, and I've already completed one. I'll go ahead and start with that one!

1. Drink some hot apple cider!


Done! I had some with a dash of caramel mixed in and an Earl Grey cookie on the side earlier this week. It was delicious.

2. Visit a pumpkin patch.

I love pumpkins, and I especially love pumpkin patches. When I was little, my parents would take us to a family friend's farm, and we would get to pick out our own pumpkins. I'd love to do that again this year, even if I am an adult now.

3. Carve a pumpkin.

Even though I picked out my own pumpkins as a child, I didn't actually carve one until my freshman year of college. I haven't had time to carve one since then. I would love to do it again this year!

4.  Try three new autumn-themed recipes.

I love to cook, and I would love to try some fall recipes. I have an entire board on Pinterest dedicated to the season, so I'm sure I can find something to whip up!

5. Go to a pub in my Halloween costume.

I hear Austin has a great Halloween pub crawl, and I would love to participate.

6. Make a sizeable dent in my Agatha Christie to-read list.

Fall is the perfect time for mysteries!

7. Find the perfect fall hat.

I don't usually wear hats, but this seems like the perfect time to start! I think it might just be all about finding the right hat. 

I hope Austin is cool enough for me to start wearing sweaters and cute boots soon. I recently got a brand new cardigan that I'd love to have an excuse to wear some more! I'll be adding more pictures as I complete things on my list.

How about you? Do you have any fun things planned this fall?

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait for fall to really hit here. Or at least at home. Where my college is, we don't see much of fall. I can't wait to go home to bonfires and pumpkin patches and all that fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope fall comes early for you at school! :]

    ReplyDelete