Monday, October 8, 2012

Arriving in Austin

It's been radio silence on my blog for the past week or so, but I have some good news. I am officially in Austin now! After a 13-so hour drive, we made it here last night. I still have some stuff to unpack (which I will finish doing after I get lots of hangers), but everything is going well. I have the dishwasher running so I can put those away soon, and I am planning on spending the day getting used to the apartment and applying for jobs.

The move has been pretty low-key so far. I'm still excited about everything, but I'm glad it hasn't been a big thing. I am not a fan of good-bye at all. Plus, I will go back for Thanksgiving in November. It's not really a good-bye yet.

The apartment is really nice. I love the cabinets. I'm such a sucker for dark finish on wood. We don't have a bunch of furniture, and we haven't put up our decorative lights yet, but I like it. I'll have to post the "after" pictures later tonight or tomorrow when we're done decorating.

I discovered that I picked the wrong box from storage. I do not have my comforter and most of my sheets here yet. I'll have to look for them when I go back in November. I still have three fuzzy blankets though (I do love my fuzzy blankets), and several mismatched sheet sets. Also, I have all of the cold weather clothes, as well as some warm weather ones I didn't mean to bring. Those might have to stay in the boxes. It's surprisingly chilly here. I expected Austin to be much warmer.

We're more in the Cedar Park area than the actual city of Austin, but I think we're pretty close. I'm going to spend a lot of this week exploring the area. I have some things planned for the weekend already! I want to visit one of the pumpkin patches I saw advertised on the way here. I can't wait to cross that off of my fall bucket list.

I have another thing I should put on my fall bucket list to cross off this month. It's on my life bucket list already! Since my birthday is at the end of the month, my family members in the area are taking me on a mystery train! I've always wanted to do that, so this is pretty exciting.

I hope you're all having a great start to your week!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad things are going smoothly! Minus the little mishaps. And a mystery train sounds awesome! You'll have to be sure to post all about it so I can live vicariously through you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm going to have to catch up to see why you moved to Austin! :)

    new follower from BBN:

    http://theeclecticgrabbag.com

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genna, I will definitely do a post about it. I'm so excited! And, Sabz, welcome to the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're at the exciting part of the move, now that most of the actual moving is over. Good luck exploring and job hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with everything! I know that new city feeling, enjoy it!

    http://acircusofherown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete