Thursday, December 6, 2012

Burning Mandala, a Sailor Mars Tea Blend

Yesterday, I reviewed the Tardis tea from Adagio that had just arrived along with two other teas. I debated a little bit on which tea to try first today, but this one won out because of the cranberry in it. I am a sucker for a good cranberry tea. And cookie. And muffin. I'm a sucker for cranberry anything, really.

I love the label too!
The Sailor Mars tea blend, Burning Mandala, is not a Cara McGee blend, so I was a little nervous about how it would turn out. I chose it because Sailor Mars is my favorite Sailor Scout, and the anime remake comes out this summer, so I know I'll get a lot of use out of it. Also, Sailor Mars is my sister's favorite as well. This might be peeking up in her stocking in a cute tin this Christmas, but don't tell her!

The tea is a blend of Irish Breakfast tea (a mixture of Ceylon and Assam teas), Oriental Spice tea (a "tangy and bright Ceylon black tea is blended with cinnamon, cardamom, ginger and orange rinds" according to the Adagio website), and  Cranberry tea. I'm really glad I got this tea. Any doubts I had about it dissipated with the first sip. It is amazing. It's perfect for the holiday season, too. 

It isn't as sweet as the Tardis tea blend, but that's a good thing because it means you can add more honey or sugar to taste without being overwhelmed. It is still sweet. I added a little honey after drinking about a third of the cup. I loved the taste without it, but I wanted to test my hunch that honey would be perfect with it. It is. I highly recommend using honey to sweeten it instead of sugar. And, fun fact, using local honey in your tea can help improve your seasonal allergies! 

It is a spicy tea. Not hot spicy, of course, but spicy in the seasoning sense. I love the cranberry undertones. It's perfect for the spicy and beautiful Sailor Scout! Again, this tea gets a five out of five stars from me. I think I should order the rest of Tech's Sailor Moon blends. I have high hopes for the Steve Rogers blend I plan to try tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I really would LOVE to get more into tea and this sounds yummy!!! Also, I love that it's Sailor Moon, heh. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Adagio is a great place to get new teas to try because they have really inexpensive sample sizes of most of their teas.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I definitely need to try this! I've been rekindling my love for Mango Green Tea lately - so yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete