Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Tardis Tea


My Adagio teas came in today! Though I'm planning on splitting up the tea into small tins to use as stocking stuffers, I'm taste-testing all of them first so I can make recommendations on how to take the tea when people ask.

For those of you who don't know: I am a huge tea fan. I love it. I especially love Adagio, a tea website where you can also make your own custom blends and buy other people's custom blends on top of their normal tea purchasing options. While Adagio does have bagged teas, all of their custom blends come in loose leaf form.

Ever since I found out about Adagio and its most popular custom tea blends by Cara McGee, I've wanted to try the Tardis blend. The Tardis blend is one of the many fandom tea blends the site offers; this one being for one of my favorite television shows, the BBC's Doctor Who. Since I've waited so long (almost a year), I decided to try the Tardis blend first before I even picked up the packages today.

I keep taking breaks from typing this to blow on my cup of tea in an attempt to cool it down enough to drink. It doesn't seem to be working very well so far.

The Tardis tea blend is a mixture of Earl Grey Bravo tea (Adagio's signature Earl Grey), blackberry tea (which is a Ceylon black tea infused with blackberries), and vanilla (another flavored Ceylon black tea). The tea is naturally sweet, so I recommend tasting it before adding any sweeteners. Since it's a black tea, you should steep it for 2-3 minutes.

The tea has cooled just enough for me to drink it. I think it would make a nice iced tea as well, but I love how comforting it is while hot. It's sweet, but the sweetness doesn't overwhelm the taste of the tea. You could even add sugar without making it too sweet. I like how the vanilla is more of an aftertaste. It takes you a moment to catch the blackberry notes, but I like that it doesn't overshadow the tea.

This would make a very nice dessert tea. Some people on the website recommend it with milk, so I'm going to have to try that at some point. All in all, I give this tea five out of five stars. I've tried some blends on Adagio (some where my own, but not all) that haven't really turned out well. I think this might become one of my new favorite teas!

Another thing I love about this tea? You get 4oz instead of the standard 3oz of custom blends... Because it's bigger on the inside!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great tea! I haven't tried buying teas online, mainly because I'm an impulse tea buyer based on what free samples they have in store when I happen to be at the mall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it, if you're a big tea drinker! Their bags go a long way, and Adagio makes the whole process pretty easy.

      Delete
    2. I will for sure keep it in mind! And thanks for becoming a follower of my blog!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the wonderful review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the whole "It's bigger on the inside" thing.

    ReplyDelete