Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tea and Baking

I've been keeping myself pretty busy lately with my brief visit home for Thanksgiving, job applications, and lots of holiday baking! I've even done some Christmas shopping (though I can't reveal what it is... just in case!). I've tried a lot of new recipes, and I've found a few I really like.

Just before I left, I whipped up a batch of cranberry and chocolate chip cookies. They were gone as soon as my family got a hold of them... Though my boyfriend, Joseph, definitely helped them with it! I didn't get many pictures while baking them, but I'll post the recipe soon. They were just the right balance of tart and sweet, and they kept really well since there was about a week-long gap between me baking them and bringing them home. I spent a few days in Atlanta for my boyfriend's twenty-first birthday before heading to Alabama with him for the holiday.

While I was home, I also tried a new recipe for those Earl Grey cookies I keep trying to perfect. I think these ones came out a lot better! I used a lemon butter cookie recipe as the base instead of sugar cookies this time, and I used 3 tablespoons of Earl Grey tea for it. I didn't think it was sweet enough though, so I added a light lemon-vanilla glaze. I bet it would taste even better if I had added honey... Something to try next time!

I'm expecting a shipment of Adagio teas sometime this week, so I'll be doing another post really soon.

Have you gotten started on any holiday baking? Or holiday shopping? I'd love to hear about it!

1 comment:

  1. Then it is important to apply general amount involving any medical cream like Clearasil on your own
    face. Small and soft skin growths acquired on the
    skin are called skin tags. The essence of natural mole
    removal is the use of herb and folk remedies.


    Here is my page - how to get rid of acne

    ReplyDelete