Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Back and Ready to Blog

I've been away for months now which makes me a terrible blogger, but I really needed some time away from things for a bit. Unfortunately, I couldn't get away from everything considering social media is my primary way of staying in touch now that I'm in an entirely different state from the majority of my friends and family. But it was a much appreciated break. I even got to spend a week with my boyfriend before he left to study abroad in Korea!

I wish I could say I got up to exciting things during my break, but I really haven't done much. I've had a lot of tea. A ridiculous amount, even. I'm pretty sure I have enough tea in my apartment that I could have a different type of tea every day for a month or so. I ended up reorganizing my tea cabinet, and I took a picture before I put everything back. I actually managed to acquire some more tea (three more things of tea, to be more specific) since I cleaned out the cabinet, so this isn't even all of it.



I did have an interesting moment on the way to work the other day involving a water bottle filled with Coke. I was running a little late that morning, so I hit almost stand-still traffic. It's a good thing I was at a stop when I opened my water bottle though because Coke started spewing through the straw all over me and my car. I was soaked. It was down the front of my brand new blouse, in my hair, on the ceiling of the car, on the steering wheel, in the backseat, and even down the back of my shirt. At least I provided some entertainment for the cars around me as I screamed and frantically tried to close the bottle. I'm glad it didn't permanently stain my clothes.

I am back and ready to buckle down again. I joined the 20SB postcard swap. I'm just waiting for my postcards to come in so I can send them out! I ordered some really cute tea-themed postcards on etsy once I realized that I have no idea where all of my postcards are since I moved. Hopefully they'll come in soon so I won't be the last blogger to send them out. That would be awkward.

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm, tea! I have a similar tea collection, although it's spread out between my cupboard at home and my drawer at my desk at work, haha. There's nothing quite like a nice cup of tea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good plan! I keep some "emergency tea" in my purse.

      Delete
  2. You've just inspired me to stock up my drawer at work with tea. Not just green tea. An ASSORTMENT of teas.

    And I'm doing the postcard exchange, too! I'll probably be sending mine out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I'm huge on tea. I like having a variety around for my different moods.

      Delete